This product provides you with the ability to create a journal entry for the plan(s) you have selected through the Accounting Journal feature.
To start the Accounting Journal entry generation, click on ‘CREATE’ at the bottom of the card.
You will be asked to complete a number of steps so we can generate an accurate number.
- The first step asks you to select the plans for which you would like to create an aggregated journal entry.
- In the second step, you need to determine if there are any non-market performance conditions attached to the plan(s) you selected. A non-market performance condition generally relates to an entity’s own operations or activities, for example, 'profits' or 'earnings per share'.
- Step three only appears if you answered YES for a plan in step two. At this stage, you need to determine the number of shares that will vest if the non-market performance conditions are most likely to be met.
- In step four you need to select the percentage of shares that will vest based on the probability of having the employee(s) listed in the plan remaining as such until the end of the plan.
- In step five you need to provide a date to determine the performance period. This period is defined as the 'performance start date' to the date entered. This is based on the expectation that nothing changes i.e. there are no subsequent adjustments to changes to expectations of service or achievement of non-market conditions, or where this is cash-settled, there has been no re-measurement of the cash-settled liability.
- In step six you need to enter any previous expenses you have already recorded for this plan.
- In the last step, you need to tell us if the plan is cash or equity-settled so we can provide you with the correct entry.